Sunday, June 20, 2010

SANDWICH! flea market finds

There is a lot of talk of 'sandwich!!!' at our place since we took receipt of two foam mattresses that are now gracing our playroom.
Photobucket

This is my first 'flea market finds' posting, and have had a bonza week. Firstly, at the home of the mattresses came these gifted lounge cushions, perfect for my $10 cane lovely from the not-to-be home of Skelton St, Hamilton East. They fit, they were free, AND they are white, very white.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Then, with $5.50 in my funds, Rex and I spotted a local g'sale and found these: an old copper pot, soon to be flowing overeth with mint, and a lovely 36inch ruler. At the same place there was a 35mm Canon SLR with leather cover, a slide projector and various lenses. Not 'spewin' as yet, so according to my 'rules, it wasn't to be...
Photobucket

I like to find and seek, so I think this 'fleamarketfindin' is going to be a regular posting ie "what new junk did we collect this week" There should be a mid-week, "what did we recycle, give-away, gift, repurpose' post also, unless we can find space in our lives for more 'stuff'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dad had a ruler like that in his shed when I was growing up in the 60s - thanks for the memories!

Catherine said...

I agree with you about needing a mid-week clean out / give away / repurpose - am just doing some tidying now and thinking that very thing!

Snooze said...

i know what you mean ... i need to institute the something goes out before something comes in rules at my house!
My Flea Market Find