Thursday, April 7, 2011

our creative CHAIRS - before, during & after

So, these chairs came from Coota, and just LOOK AT THEM NOW!

bEFOREPhotobucket
Photobucket

dURING: the puzzlement
P1000790
Photobucket
Photobucket

aFTERS
P1000836
P1000838
P1000835

Without my Dad, these would have weathered another 50 years, now they are just my kind of matchy-matchy... Upholstered with echino oilcloth from purl soho, stained in Black Japan then glossed, and wrangled back together with pursed lips, sweat and tears (surprisingly no blood!).
(repeat after me, i will never try to refurb chairs to a deadline again...)

creative juices here

7 comments:

angelina said...

dude. this is bringing much delight to my after dinner internet browzing self. following you with much delight. gorgeous. i love when someone makes old new again. rock on gal. xoxo
angelina

Genki said...

These look fantastic! I love echino, and what a great idea to use oilcloth.

Wendy said...

GASP! These turned out just incredible! Well done you...and Dad!

Anne Butera said...

What fun! You sure gave these chairs new life!

Megan said...

Yay! Well done on that persistance, they look just lovely. Thank goodness for Dads I say.

Seaweed and Raine said...

They look AMAZING! You have done a mighty job (with the help of your dad - 3 cheers for dad! :) )
We have just purchased some chairs, and are toying with re-finishing them... not sure. They are black. I'll ask you for tips if we go ahead with it ;)

Andrea said...

Wow!! Can you do lessons for mere mortals like me??