Friday, November 5, 2010

flea market find pls?

Seems I have a new-found addiction at the thrift shop - can anyone please tell me what is the name of this type of material, used to make these very nifty old tablecloths?

It has quite a texture to it, you might be able to see in the second snap:


If you go back to my last post, you will see the thrifted Husky that is now in residence on the map table, sharing with the laptop and a cup of tea. Dangerous living here.


Selina said...

I'm pretty sure it's a crepe. That's what I call it anyway, I could be wrong!

Toughie said...

I am very jealous of your tablecloth karma. I make bags out of mine, when I manage to find some, but I think those would make some lovely pillows :D

Alyssa said...

Looks like a cotton crepe to me, from the photo anyway. Very pretty!

Toughie said...

I would love to do a kitschy tablecloth swap! I'll cross my fingers that I find something fabulous! And... I'm not really sure how the whole swap thing works... >.< Details? And Rocco says thank you :D

Tricia said...

I love that fabric idea what its called sorry.

Aren't vintage tablecloths lovely! I'm about to make a skirt form one.

Anonymous said...

sorry for the late comment, I've just found your blog via Kirsty.....but could it be barkcloth?